The idea of men hitting women seems somehow more likely here than in UK. On TV last week I saw a guy just sliding tackle this woman, it was a gag but he really clobbered her hard and I thought if someone did that on TV in the UK that would be the end of their career, but all that happened was everyone was in hysterics.

Definitely. The hysterics that accompany almost any tv program here gets real tired very quickly. It seems the wilder and further things get pushed the more hilarious it is. It can make for some occasional fun stuff but it sometimes goes way overboard.

My friend was rape last year. It was in Tokyo, she was return from work in quiet street and attack. She is still like different woman and it is really sad. I think police did not take enough notice or effort to help her and find the guy who did it to her. It is very sad situation and difficult for her to clear (?) it.

\:\(

akibun, that sucks! thumbsdown.gif

mejane, I saw on the news that the train setup was very similar to the shinkansen which made it almost impossible for anyone around to see what was actually going on. They showed the seat from different angles, and unless you were in the seats across the aisle, and adjacent to where it happened, you wouldn't have had a clue. Also, when you are sitting in seats like those, ho much do you actually look 90 degrees to your right and check out the people in the seats there? They showed a guy with his back turned, pretty much completely blocking the view of even the adjacent seats. On those trains everyone pretty much buries their head in a book, or closes their eyes, so I am scepticle of there being many people who saw or eard the initial incident in the seat. Some may have noticed when he took her to the toilet area, but even so, most probably didn't really comprehend true nature of what was going on.