IT Jobs and Headhunters in Japan.

Now I am on the market for a new job. A good site is www.careercross.com as it has a lot of bilingual jobs, that dont require too high a standard of Japanese. Anyway my big gripe is that it is populated with headhunters...

Another gripe is that the jobs I want from said headhunters are usually unavailable or the headhunters don't put your name forward.( Speculation) I just want a Linux Systems Administrators Job... I have a few Vendor contacts so I have a bit more flexibility with my opportunities. Just the job I want are never there. Now I am interested particularly in data center maintenance or cluster building.

Anybody in a similar role out there?

Unfortunately, even though your skill set may be in demand, most headhunters get paid for finding bilingual Japanese. Most employers that require IT skills look for 1) bilingual Japanese, 2) Bilingual non-Japanese and 3) people who don't speak Japanese but have the necessary skills (in that order).

A slight exception is the financial industry (in some cases) where the skill set is the priority but then you need to be 100% on spec if you are not Japanese and don't speak japanese....