I'm dying to listen to the cricket tri series in Aussie, anyone know an adress or something for a link on the net? I am kinda getting sick of watching the commentary update itself line by line on cricinfo.

Slow start by the black caps but what a game yesterday! I am picking the finals to be huge. bond rested and styrus back, NZ will take it in the third game for their first ever tri series title!

Thanks! I will check out that site in time for tomorrow. So many places seem to have it but block it for people outside of the country. It was an incredible game. Is it just me or did scores in one day cricket not used to be so high? I remember a time when 250 was a great score, but that is nothing compared to the totals they seem to get these days.

yep, they are getting a lot better. 20 20 has helped a bit, as well as having players like Gilly changing how the first 15 overs pan out. Sri Lanka were the team that really used to come out pummelling in the first 15 overs, in the mid 90's. Gilchrist was quoted as saying 300 plus will become the norm in years to come. The whole mentality about what is possible and how to approach an innings has changed massively in the last 10 years. Great to watch.

yeah. I remember thinking "Shit, this is amazing!" Now it's pretty much routine for any of the decent teams. PRevious to yesterdays game Australia had lost two games where they had scored more than 300 in the last 12 months! Hehe. And one was that massive 400+ score in SA!

I remember reading in Dean Jones 'One day magic' years ago, that their targets for one dayers in his day were 15 overs - 50 runs, 25 over - 100 runs and provided wickets in hand, they'd go on to hope to get around 250 +....Amazing how far its come..

Reducing the size of the ground with the introduction of ropes would have helped the big totals im sure too...

http://www.cricbuzz.com/ is an Indian website if you want to get a different take on games as well.

Sk8man, thanks alot! All these sites are awesome. I was kind of blinded into thinking cricinfo.com was the be all and end all.

That sounds about like what I remembered for a really good score. And coming from Dean Jones it would have been well at the optimistic end of the scale!