I have been cleaning my apartment out the last few days and got about 6 large black bin bags full of stuff to take to the garbage center thats in my town.

Just now a Japanese friend was here and they told me that I had to put the bags inside another special bag - a bag I can buy at the local home center - in order to take it to the garbage center... where it will get instantly burnt. They will not accept the bag if it is not inside this other special bag.

So the bags I will have to go and buy now will cover a bag I already have and then get burnt.

Is that nuts of what?

Where I live its works out as a tax on producing burnables that they come to collect. If you don't collect much burnable waste, you don't have to buy very many of the special bags. They are considerably more expensive than no-name ones.

However, if you go to the trouble of taking your rubbish to the dump, you don't need the bags. Not where I live at least.

The solution to your situation is not to buy black bin bags that they won't accept.

Near where I live more than a few people seem to put their rubbish in a black bin bags and then just put that in the see through expensive bags. Perhaps to cover some of the things that are in there? When I drop mine off though I always noticed a few like that.