You're so cruel Creek Boy.

But unfortunately not 牛飲馬食. Although the invitations come fast and furious, none of them are sincere, apparently.

I was amazed that the 2nd choice of kanji was that imperial nipper's name. Are the Japanese people really that keen on this imperial folly, or is it just the type of person that submit 'this year's kanji'.

cruel? nah, just playin off his handle name is all ;\) maybe ご立派 woulda been more suitable? lol.gif

saw that myself last night o11. Think the latter suits it best. How many cards were on the table there at kyomizudera? 1 million? They flashed so many that were sent in and none of the ones shown matched the 3 chosen confused.gif I'd go with the shaved-head dude choosing it himself ;\)

big-will,

魑魅魍魎= pronounced as "chi mi mou ryo"

which would be translated into "evil spirits".

This is not a daily use word. Maybe you can say something like

"I felt chimimoryo when I got outside of my room after midnight."

If you would like to know some daily use words, how about

醤油

麒麟<-- If you were a heavy beer drinker, you must know this lol.gif

There's no point in telling some people about online dictionaries that they can use instead of lamely asking "What does ## mean?" (even though they start a thread about kanji). Some people are just too lazy to bookmark the dictionaries we post, and don't have the manners to contribute in any but the most lackadaisical fashion (and then turn around and pile on anybody who they think is 'disloyal to the forum' or some such drivel.) This is going to be a bit of a theme of mine for a while. Sorry if you don't like it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
 Quote:
Originally posted by gamera:
lol.gif you're quick, CB ;\)

You must be a zaru. \:D
but more than kirin I love 三文字... ;\)
Oh now found your avatar is now saru, not zaru :p
えびす?