does anyone know how to access hotmail when there are firewalls in the way? i'm using a shared PC and don't want to download any programs if possible.

i know very little about computers and would occasionally like to check emails.

& yes, i know the blocks are there for a reason.i'd just really like to check my mail occasionally.

thank you!

it's not the firewall blocking. It's your proxy installed with Netscreen or something.

You need to find another proxy, the ones that IT people use for their convenience to circumvent company policy. Ask a nice IT chap for a nice proxy IP. Or use dial up....

hotmail is a pain in the ass, its spam filters are incompetent and frequently get it wrong and its unreliable, do yourself a favour and ditch your hotmail account for something more user firendly.

The only problem I ever had with Hotmail at the office wasn't anything to do with firewalls, it was that I had limited cookies, and forgot to make an exception for Hotmail. Next time you try and log in, check the bottom right corner of your browser for a privacy alert, and if it says that cookies were blocked, allow the Hotmail ones through.

Hope that helps.