Redirecting mail from Outlook to mobile

If I have my computer running in the house and I want to be alerted by my mobile phone in the garden about e-mail arriving on my computer, is there any setting or add-in to MS Outlook that lets you do that? Or is there some better way of setting things up?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ask your provider. Forwarding to another email address (the one on your keitai) should be very easy and should be available with most providers now. This will happen all the time though, so I hope you have a low volume mail address just for work that you only give to customers. I've done this successfully for about five years now, so I get my work email wherever I am. Or more precisely wherever my phone is. In this scenario, your keitai also works as a constantly updated backup for your received work email with the attachments, not a bad thing to have if things go pear-shaped. You can recover messages by simply sending them back to yourself from the phone. Even if you don't have a keitai, secretly forwarding copies of your email to a gmail or other online account is a good way to make a backup.

To do what you suggest with Outlook, your main pc will have to be on all the time with Outlook running.

I don't have gmail, so if anyone has an invitation they don't need, give me a pm!

First of all, Wiggles is quite right. should be done from provider. It is possible to do with most webmails also. check if you have webmail, and set up some forwarding from that one.

Or (if you want to keep your pc on all the time)

open your outlook, go to "Tools" menu and click "Rules and Alerts"

have fun in there ;\)

it is super easy, you can set up rules for every possible event. a really cool feature from the best mail client in the world

Thanks for the tips.

My provider is completely lame and provides no information or support of whatever type, and I'm thinking of changing. Nor do I have a special e-mail for customers. Also, I want to keep my mobile bills down to the absolute minimum. And I won't be going that far from my PC so it would be on anyway.

So in this case, it looks like "Rules and Alerts" with all my customers registered is probably the best bet for the time being.

Thanks again. If you've got any more ideas or points, keep 'em coming!