Shock campaign for social awareness?

It seems to me that the one thing most social awareness campaigns are missing is aggressiveness. They all usually seem to work on the mature and responsible slant.

However, I have noticed that people seem to respond better when they jerk their knee a little bit. I think it would be both fun and effective to slap people across the face with "unfortunate truths". Such as T-shirts or bumper sticks that read something along the lines of:

HEY YOU!!!! Your ignorant consumption is directly responsible for the death and suffering of millions of children daily!

or

HEY YOU IN THE SUV!!!! You should be tried for crimes against humanity!

What do you think? Could it have an effect?

how about warning pictures on fast food, like they have for cigarettes. scenes from the abattoir, that sorta thing.

and when you buy petrol there could be pictures of dead iraqi civilians on the bowsers.

or or... maybe is should shaddup and go home

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
Can't hurt to try. Most people don't give a shit and never think about it. It might at least get people thinking a little more.
yeah that is my perspective. most people are led to believe that anything socially conscious is radical and the dreaded "liberal". which has now become synonymous with EXTREME LEFTIST and thus dangerous. i figure, if people want their activism to be extreme, it might as well be.