I don't know if this will work for you.

You need to go to windows update, which will redirect you based on the Ip number you have, since you have a jp ip, it will take you to japanese update, however if you follow this link

http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

you will get an english page. i can't verify if it will work, since i am using a slightly "incompatible" version of windows ;\)

Alternative: spend 50$ on some really nice and simple editing software

http://www.puremotion.com

japanese but thanks tp

I just find moviemaker esay to use, ive downloaded the english one before but I cant seem to bypass the japanese upgrade this time.

I just want to be able to make a quick vid of the little babesfor the parents every now and then.

Look what i found at microsoft.com, read the whole thing and i think your problem wil be solved. language change is in Control Panel...

Quote:
How do I change my language settings?

On the Windows Update Web site, click Change settings.

Select the language that you want to use to view Windows Update, and then click Apply changes now.

When you are asked to confirm the change, do one of the following:

To change your language settings immediately, click OK.

(You will need to review and select updates again.)

To use the new language after installing any updates that you’ve selected, click Cancel.

(The next time you visit Windows Update, your new language setting will be applied.)

Why does Windows Update recommend a language for me to use?

It matches the default language setting for your computer. If you use it, you can view the Web site using the same language as the titles and details of any updates that apply to your computer.

Can I get updates in multiple languages?

Yes. Windows Update automatically detects language settings for each program on your computer. If you use multiple languages, you will be offered updates for each program in the appropriate language.

You are using a Japanese OS on your computer right? its a pain in the ass mate, I updated adobe pdf reader and it automatically changed the interface to Japanese! updates are tricky sometimes with a Japanese OS.

You could try finding someone in the area with an English OS and downloading the update from their computer and saving it to a usb flash drive.