Get up at 6.30. Have breakfast. Wake children at 7.30 and deliver tea in bed to ex. Dress and feed children, and take them to school/daycare. Work at the CSIRO from about 9 to 5.10 (sandwich lunch, 20 minutes kip on the office floor). Collect children from daycare/after school care. Feed and entertain children to approx 8 when ex- comes home. Listen to ex- complain about my failures from 8-9 while bathing and bedding children. Open bottle of wine at 10 and work through to bedtime.

Repeat.

I grew up poor and left school at 16 with 3 O levels. Started uni aged 30 and came out with a PhD at 37. Migrated to Oz in 1989 with $6k combined. By 2000 we had two fine children, a 5 bedroom home in Nedlands, 1/4 acre, swimming pool. I had a challenging and rewarding career. Ten more years, the boys would have grown and the capital paid for a travelling retirement.

Now she has all the money and I will have to work until I drop. It could have been just fine, but being poor here is far better than listening to her.

well at least you've got it good now eh soub! thumbsup.gif

And why are you defending Ger so much spud? He's just copping a gentle ribbing in the spirit of this site. He's taking it in the spirit intended too. Certainly nothing in comparison to the catfight between you and Mantas ;\)

- What kind of a name is Ger anyway?

- Soub: a mans not hard done by until he's missing fingers. How many you got? ;\)

Its good you took that degree later in life. My mum and I actually went to university together, we'd smoke rolly's with my mates between classes.

I had a very disrespectable bunch of mates, but no one picked on my mum, especially when she gave them smokes when they were out of cash. Mind you, she was not the at home in an apron cooking type mum. She was a 45 year old woman at last getting a crack at her dream in life.

What the hell happened to this thread. It started out quiant but is rapidly turning into a debauchery.

OK... Goemon

Quote:
quote:

I'm a popular guy!

with other guys.

Hey, I just can't help being such a stylish bloke. And nobody should be judging spud for his homosexual tendancies. There's nothing wrong about that. Not that I know anything about homosexual tendancies. But if I did, there would be nothing wrong with that either. Which I don't. And there isn't.

All that having been said...

Quote:
Ger shows imigaination, natural leadership and rational balance [must remember not to piss him off in the future].

See Bushy, see the way he bought you in line without any form of grating. The force is strong with him.

Hi Ger

Don't try to cajole me Spud --you jackass!

btw ... that reminds me, I should post something on the Vegemite thread. I'm still worried that we're gonna loose Uncle Mantas.

Surprisingly, considering some of the jobs I've had, I'm pretty much intact. Apart from my lower back and right knee, everything is in reasonable working order, as I'm happy to demonstrate to any ladies who may read this.

I can picture you and your mum, spud, sharing a micro-spliff behind the bike sheds. thumbsup.gif

Keeping up with the school leavers in my first year at uni was tough. My department was first rate though. Our year was very strong, and I had an absolute blast. Doing a research degree was very different, but still rewarding, and I got to spend 6 months in Morocco.

- I have been cajoling Ger. lol.gif Who have you cajoled today? Cajole Cajole Cajole.

- Soubs: I have a return to university (to study chemistry and electrical engineering) on the cards for teh future. But it may or may not happen, its mostly beyond my fair control. I think university as an adult would be a shock (to see how young young people really are!) and also quite rewarding to approach it as a job, rather than a burden.

- I once got a paper cut in my job. Although, I sustained some pretty brutal physical damage in the Army.

Quote:
Originally posted by db le spu:
I think university as an adult would be a shock (to see how young young people really are!) and also quite rewarding to approach it as a job, rather than a burden.
Feel the same le spudos, I might be off to Curtin soon and it would be very interesting to observe!

I really enjoyed mixing with yoof. They were a pretty good bunch. The major difference, was that many of them were simply coming to the end of an inexorable progress.

Mature students choose to give up work and money for study. I was at uni to learn, and found it the most rewarding time of my life. I`m not sure the school leavers understood just what a privilege that was.

Ha Indosnm. Cretin University. Another sandgroper. Welcome to the Largest Carpark in the Southern Hemisphere, with a University attached. I lectured there for a time, but was sacked. Too much of a threat to the Establishment, my son.

My students lurved my Rottnest assignment. Three days geology on Rotto by bike. Quokka Arms by night. Bring your surfing/diving gear for the last afternoon. One said it was the first field trip he`d enjoyed. Another came back a year later and said "I`ve been thinking about what you said, and it all seems really simple now".