Wakayama Ken and a bit of surf

The weather is getting warmer and the mornings now devoted to hitting the beach. Had a pearler this morning in Chiba, camped over night in my van and was up with it at the crack of this morning. Top session and stoaked for summer. Just taken a job down in Wakayama Ken studying the turltes again for July and August, will be based on Senrihama and around that stretch of sand, just wandering if anyone is around that area and knows if there are any decent/ semi-decent spots?

In Wakayama will be part of a research team gathering data on the nesting turtles over summer down there. As CB said the same as I do in Ogasawara. I`ll be mostly monitoring habitat change along with IDing nesting females along the coast there. We then link up with various other centres around the globe comparing previuos years numbers compared to this years and analyse the change.

This is who I work for here at the moment, there is an English page too.

Sea Turtle Association of Japan

Sounds like an interesting job your have there Farquah - tho I'm not sure about the "finishing work most mornings around 4am" bit. What time do you start?

I'm amazed and quite pleased to hear that there are still turtle breeding grounds in Japan. Are they very common?

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
Looks like a good front row there, bit lacking in pace though.
Cheers mate and that photo was when I had lost some weight!! Oh the turtles! :p lol.gif