I know I have been here long enough to know not to think about these things, but....

why oh why did naeba-kagura-tashiro-matumoto spend all that money on the dragondola?? I mean, naeba and the kagura resorts really have no business being connected...and all that money could have been used to expand kagura...it is sick how much terrain is available there...just sick!

On sat. was riding up the lift with a Kagura lifty and asked him if the top lift was running...he said no...so I asked why (it was a bluebird day, no wind). He said its because there is too much snow confused.gif confused.gif I asked him : "Isnt alot of snow a good thing for a ski resort??"...he just looked puzzled and sucked air through his teeth...

oh well...it was an epic day nonetheless...

danz

Too much snow for them to consider opening up because of the danger of avalanche in that area. (And probably the staff needed to keep it open). They usually open it up in the spring.

As for the Dragondola - Prince wanted people who were riding the Kagura areas to stay in their lovely hotel (ahem). With them all being linked up, not only will they get more people stuffed in the hotel, but they are hoping to get more people to the area now that it's "bigger and better" and got "the worlds largest gondola".

At one point, the madmen were thinking of creating a new Kanetsu expressway IC exit - a tunnel from Tsuchitaru (where it comes out of the main tunnel into Yuzawa from Gunma) straight through to Naeba eek.gif eek.gif