From here:

http://forums.autosport.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23442&highlight=archie+scott+brown

"To set the scene, Archie's mother had German measles whilst carrying the unborn Archie.

"There was no proper right forearm, merely an elementary thumb and palm, which started below the elbow. A similar condition affected both legs, but marginally less badly. Neither leg had a shinbone; only a fibula. Both legs were radically twisted and bowed, and the club-feet were tiny with no discernible toes. The right foot was twisted outwards about 90%, and the left was almost back to front. Only the left arm was normal."

Following much difficult and painful surgery, Archie's legs were straightened as much as they could be given the technology of the time, and his feet were virtually removed and replaced the right way around. A doctor managed to find some toes! and this gave Archie a much better sense of balance etc.

To anyone who did not realise how disabled Archie Scott Brown was, the sight of a big Lister Jaguar in a controlled four-wheel drift around Goodwood would be quite beyond the realms of comprehension. I cannot imagine how he did it; and I don't think anyone else really knew either."

I used to work with a quadraplegic lawyer that always insisted on driving. It was terrifying b/c he was a maniac speed demon. Eventually they stripped him of his license after he had a pretty bad accident.