People taken ill after drug trials

Ive done about 8 such drug trials.

Most of the time you are just retesting drugs that have been on the market in the US or somewhere for years already. I can only remember one time when someone got ill, but they were on another study to mine anyway. I wouldnt have a problem doing them again, I just dont have the time now and theres no test centre near me. Also its a little bit degrading, its ok doing it as a student but I'd feel a bit weird doing it now as a 28 year old.

I have much to thank drug trials for as they funded me though uni and my travels around the world in uni summer holidays.

Placebos are heavy shit. I once drank more than 10 gin and tonics at an Osaka disco and got into a very weird frame of mind - eventially I figured out that they were placebo gin and tonics.

• 2 weeks later...

Felt like his brain was on fire! eek.gif

Quote:
One of six victims left fighting for their lives after a disastrous medical trial has spoken for the first time about his "terrible nightmare". Student Nav Modi, 24, told a newspaper that he felt like his "brain was on fire" after he was given the experimental drug earlier this month. Mr Modi told The Sun: "I felt my head swelling up like an elephant's - I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out."