Transfering money from Paypal to a J Bank!!

OK so I have taken the dreaded step to use Paypal (against my better judgment) to spread my "market" further afield which so far has been sucessful.

However I need to get the e-cash from paypal to my J-bank, to link an account to paypal I need a 4 digit bank code but my bank code (Shinsei) is longer than 4 digits. I contacted paypal but we all know the great customer service they have.

Anyone here using Paypal and linked to a J-Bank that can suggest a bank that is compatable ot related advice?

Cheers in advance.

PS No I can't transfer it to your personal account!

The only thing I can say is that I had a similar experience with my local Hiroshima bank when I wanted to transfer money from Oz to here. The ANZ wanted a 4 digit number to make the transfer, but the J-bank could only give me a longer number. In the end the ANZ took the details I gave them and made the transfer for me anyway. Maybe you could see if paypal can do this for you, or if they have had similar probs with Japanese customers?? Although you did mention you have already contacted them... Do they have a Japanese website?? Maybe an explanation might be on there for what to do.

Mate, how good is your Japanese? Take a look at this explanation for Japanese people. It has an example of how to register your bank details. You can probably follow their example. Although there is a note in there in Japanese saying that for the bank code you should ask your bank. Maybe print that page off, take it to your bank and show them the info you need.

A couple of other help sites in Japanese showed that there are many Japanese users, so it obviously can be done. Which bank are you with? Maybe they (or perhaps another of the big banks here) have J-customers who have asked the same question, and so they could possibly help .

You could also simply open another account with a bank that uses a 4 digit pin. Such as Tokyo Mitsubishi, Mizuho, even Citibank. I have a Paypal account and will soon need to transfer money to a J-account myself, but I have yet to set anything up, but my banks use 4 digit pins.

I am with the Shinsei Bank and their bank code is 6 digits, I called them to check if I was missing something but they said they don't have a 4 digit bank code.

Sunrise, I was trying to avoid this but it looks as though it may be the only option. Apparently the JapanNetBank is good for this as they don't seem to charge to accept remittances. Might have to open another account.

Basically do not attempt to do this, it will not work and you will lose loads of cash in conversion fees.

I was an ebay seller based in japan for a few years and tried 3 times but every time it failed. cost me about £500. Like you I tried calling paypal/my bank several times without success. Around that time paypal froze my account for 6 months without due course and as a result I was able to join the class action suit against them (paypal were doing this to loads of people and they got sued for $15m for it). More info at paypalsucks.com. Paypal/eBay are really horrible greedy and nasty, but most people dont find that out until theres a problem (ie. seller doesnt deliver the item, buyer makes a fraudulent payment, paypal decides to steal your money etc).

I suggest you open a UK/US paypal account and store your funds there, then send the money to japan with golloyds. Better yet, use another payment service such as nochex (UK).