I haven't been on the Snow Japan forum for a while so I may have missed something here, but I have noticed loads of "text-type" replies and postings. Is this a new fashionable way of replying to posts? Or is it just laziness? Yes I admit to rushing a reply here or there and screwing them up, but WHN PEPLE STRT MISSIN LTTRS OR USIN NMBRS, ITS NOT GR8T!!!

A quick example:

Quote:
JUST SEND HER A CHEEKY CARD IN YOUR HANDWRITING WITH ANOTHER GALS NAME ON IT WITH A CPL OF XXX S YOUL BE RID OF HER ASAP

Well maybe I have missed something. I think it's just that I am feeling incredibly irritated recently with all the texts and e-mails I get from friends and family using cr*ppy TXT SPK!

Anyway

C U ALL L8TR N HOPE U R ALL WELL.

I don't like text speak (unless it's actually in a SMS - where it's pretty useful). I haven't noticed much of it here either though.

Talking of texting - do people send texts from Japan to friends & family at home? What software do you use? I tried loads of things and am now using a little programme called Magic Message . It's effective (at least for the UK) & the support is great. You don't have to pay for incoming texts or for an incoming text number and you can send and receive texts from both your pc and mobile.

Mrry Xmas 2 U 2 lol.gif I'm not big on the texting thing but getting used to doing it. I try to write properly when I text.

Haven't seen much text type abreviation on this forum. Hardly anyone seems to use those acronyms like ROTFL etc. A lot of the time when people use them on forums someone posts to say "WTF does that mean?". At least they can let you get around the swearing filter.