the pixies are coming to japan.

i want to see the pixies.

but i live in the country.

i'm going to have to:

a) leave school at lunchtime, catch a bus to nagoya & stay in a hotel for the night or

b)catch a bus to tokyo, stay at a friends' place then take the following day off school.

what do you think? either way i'm going to be paying quite a bit on top of the 7000yen ticket price.

but which option do you think is best?

& does anyone know any reasonable places to stay in nagoya?

go see them! you won't regret it!

on the topic of bands, what's a good site for Tokyo gigs, cause im leaving for tokyo the night of the Big Day Out (music festival in aus) and will miss some of my favourites! so hopefully they play in tokyo the week i'm there so i can still catch them

tokyogigguide.com is not bad, pollstar.com sometimes has the main shows, or creativeman.co.jp, or metropolis magazine (they have a site too..)

i know there's a page i used to use but i can't remember the address, will post when it comes to me.

you know they chose a new site for the BDO this year? i think they're using optus oval? & who's playing?

They have moved to Princess Park, which might be next to Optus oval i think, its in Carlton. Here is the 1st announcement! I love the first 5 bands, i was kinda hoping it wouldnt be this good cause i'll be missing the headlines to get to the airport!

INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS

AUSTRALIA & NZ

The White Stripes

Iggy & The Stooges

Franz Ferdinand

Kings of Leon

The Mars Volta

Soulwax

AFI

2 Many DJs

Sleater-Kinney

The Magic Numbers

ANTIPODEAN ARTISTS

AUSTRALIA & NZ

The Living End

Gerling

Dei Hamo

AUSTRALIA ONLY

Magic Dirt

Cut Copy

End of Fashion

Faker

The Grates

Youth Group

Wolf & Cub

catch sleater-kinney if you can. their live show is amazing. the drummer is so cool, and all my guy friends were very impressed (eg. wow, she plays pretty good drums for a girl)

& if you like to dance, go see cut copy. i hadn't enjoyed dance music in a long time before i went to their show.

i'm not even going to mention the fact that iggy pop is going to be there.