Am currently working in Korea on the Island of Jeju during the summer holiday at the moment and have been talking to some locals. Not just the people I am working with but even 9 year old kids all say the same thing about their opinions of Japan, basically very very anti Japan. I was pretty shocled to have a conversation with a nine year old girl who pretty much berated Japan over Dokdo and spouted forth what I can only assume comes from school brain washing on her opinion that all of Japan is "mean"!! I was really shocked to find it so negative. I knew there would be some desrimination adn bad feeling due to events past but to find 99% in the same boat is rather a surprise. eek.gif \:\( \:\(

It could be like that because of the past events. I think most of us remember the anti-Japan attack occured in China.

Probably they still have bad image about Japan and it was told from older generations to younger generations, I guess

Had the same feeling when I visited. Everyone was very friendly and pleased to meet us but always got disappointed faces when I said I was working in Japan.

GEOS has some eikaiwa schools over there but they run them under a different name. Most of the students don't even know the school they are attending is a Japanese company.

gamera: my understanding is that it's been more of a concern from the Koreans than the Japanese. Of course, having never lived in either country I can't express first hand the actual situation.