Okay - I am now living in Yokohama but it totally isnt working out- So after scrounging around Ive managed to rustle up two options-1- return to Whistler where I lived for 4 years and work as an instuctor or 2- head to Miyazaki for an eikaiwa job close to the beach ( never been)- both options are pretty much going to blow the budget by the time Im settled in- This forum seems to have like minded people so what do you think- I love to surf and ride and money will work out the same in either spot- What is your call confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif

Chances are, if you return to Whistler you might not be back if it blows you wad to get there...

Whistler will always have the need for instructors year after year..

I guess the question is - Are you ready to leave Japan?

Gday D Train... just my two cents, but since you have been working in Whistler for the last 4 years why dont you do something different? If you are sick of japan then yeah get back to Whistler... but if you wanna see a bit more of the country then head down to Miyazaki and do the surfing thing man. Being able to surf can take you on lots of epic trips, just like snowboarding does. Except surf trips are usually a lot warmer but still of course involving the need to get up for the early, as opposed to waking up for freshies and first lifts. What about working in a resort in Nippon? Just a few ideas.

If the eikiewa job is any good you will be able to live in a lot more comfort than you do in Yokohama. You will also be able to surf all year depending on whether you can do the winter wave thing. I know a Kiwi guy who moved down there to surf-haven't seen him in years but he loved it last time I spoke to him. You'll also be able to afford some trips to the snow during winter. I think you would find it's like living in a different country after scrabbling to get by in the city. Also sounds like you're hooked up in Whistler whenever you want to go back there, so I'd say go the new experience unless you're sick of Japan.

yeah i'd be up for the beach option...

i love living near the beach its kick ass...

you can always go to the snow if ya wanna but u only go in winter anyways so go to the beach and head back to da snow for a break....

!? beach is good..

I don't surf and I love Whistler, but I gotta say, if I was in Japan and enjoying it I wouldn't go home to Whistler quite yet. How long have you been in Japan? Still enjoying it? I think that is what really matters. But I would head for the mountains to look for work instead of the beach.

Maybe you would get different answers on the SkiCanadaGuide Forum \:\)

Thanks for the opinions- I have been living in Japan for two and some odd years which is also part of the equation- going back to whistler leaves me still eligible for the JET program - otherwise its over if you stay here more than three years- Actually leaning towards the Miyazaki thing as all of my surf trips have been just that - trips for a week or a month or so and it would be nice to get up every day close to it- has anyone spent time down there- what is it like (MIyazaki) I have a rough idea but let us know- I have to decide by WEdnesday so ill let you know- Thanks