I'm planning to head out from Niigata City this coming Wednesday to a hill as close as possible with good snow conditions. I was thinking Alts Bandai or Grandeko in Fukushima (an hour and a half drive from the city, here.) Or maybe Arai.

Any suggestions or advice?

thanks in advance cool.gif

dont go to alts...i went there 13mar and it was bad conditions...morning was decent when the sun started to soften the snow up but midday it started to snow hard...sounds like a good thing? it was heavy snow...so the runs were like slow comin down the hill...made for crappy conditions...and the park wasnt all that great too...just my opinion.

I appreciate your replies.

Yes, Alts is the closest big hill to the city, here. I jump on the highway and it's only an hour and 20 min drive to the slopes. To be honest, I was hoping the snow there would be good, as I dread a 3-hour long drive back home at the end of a day (as is the case with Myoko Kogen.)

thanks again

Best bet is Arai or Kagura. Going over to Fukushima might be ok mid-season, but not now - and the snow will almost always be better at the 2 places above...maybe just a bit further away.