Ray a different topic "machines in motion"

How much does one of those machines you ride cost.

Have you ever thought of getting on a snowmobile. I miss riding snowmobiles I used to get paid fairly well to ride one for more than 10 hours everyday. Does anyone know how much used snowmobiles cost in Japan.

There was an earlier thread bashing snowmobiles, but I stayed off of that one. I like the idea of snowmobiles, for my own selfish reasons of course. It has always (for the past year) been my dream to explore the BC backcountry on a snowmobile, build jumps, and find that Whistler waterfall, that is in almost every ski/snowboard video.

Now we're talking FT. I would love to get paid to ride jet skis. One of my old team mates in Okinawa works at a beach resort and spends most of his work days giving jet ski rides to gals in bikinis. I could do that I think...

The jet skis I have vary in cost - all except the pepsi logo one were bought here on the Japanese economy brand new.

As you know everything over here is more expensive but at least they come with warranties. My 95 Seadoo cost 95 man back in 1995, my white 2001 Yamaha GPR cost 1,350,000 yen, my red 2002 Kawasaki cost 1,300,000 last year, and my 2002 Yamaha GPR "Pepsi" cost $20,000US. You can buy good used skis for decent prices but they'll still cost more than in the US or Canada.

I bought the Pepsi from the world #2 ranked pro last year and had it shipped over here. It is the fastest jet ski in Japan - bar none. Goes zero to 60 in 4.2 seconds, tops out at 73mph in grand prix style Closed Course race set up, but can go over 80 if set up for straight line smooth water "drag" racing. The only thing that sucks about the pepsi is that it uses high octane race gas that costs 800 yen a litre here in Japan. If I were in the states, I'd be paying only $3US a gallon for race fuel. The gas tank is 50 liters, and I can go through that in a day easy, so I'm "de-modding" it so to speak so it will run on hi octane pump gas. It won't be quite as fast, but will still be the fastest in Japan.

I've never ridden a snowmobile. I'd like too - they look like a lot of fun but I know me - If I did ride one, I'd have to buy one and I don't want to do that. I already have too many toys and don't need another. Plus working on jet ski motors in the summer isn't bad but I'd hate to be working on snowmobile motors in the winter. I had planned to do more mods to my jet skis during the winter, but the garage was too damn cold and we spent nearly every weekend snowboarding so I didnt have the time. Have lots now though since the surgery. I hope to get all my "winter projects" done by mid-July so if the doc says I can ride, everything will be ready.

One of my race team mates bought a used snowmobile up here last fall for about 300,000 yen. He had a great time snowmobiling all during the winter, and promised to take me to some great back country snowboard places on it next year.

Sorry if I've run on too much - as you can tell, its a serious hobby for me having enjoyed it immensly going on 10 straight years now...as I've said before, anyone willing to make the trip up here is welcome to ride with us anytime...cept on the pepsi of course. ;\)

End0, the sit downs are way faster than stand ups. Stand ups bone stock top out at about 50mph, whereas sit downs bone stock can be over 65mph. I bought my first stand up last year and found out they are not that easy to ride. I've won a few races on my sit downs. I pride myself on being reasonably coordinated but when I get up on my stand up, it humbles me quickly. I usually end up with a lot of water up my nose, kinda like when I used to surf way back when...

They have a jet-ski competition on/in Lake Suwa, and they do some pretty fantastic ducking and diving right under the water, as well as really tight spins (all stand up ones). But the water is horrible, and god knows how much of the stuff they must swallow.

Ray, wtf does "bone stock top out" mean? Is that like when you have morning glory and it all just flies right over the top and you have to get down on your hands and knees and wipe it up and lose your morning glory? ;\)

Thanks Ray you seem well into water-crafts. As for expensive you have to know where to shop. I can pick up 4 chicken breasts for 150 yen and P. Chesse for pasta for 53 yen. Again if you look hard enough you can find it. My buddy works as a car importer exporter and can help me buy cars too. Way off topic..........

Where did your friend pick up his snowmobile? Here near lake biwa I have seen some sea doos for 500000 yen but I think they are pretty weak.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Ray, wtf does "bone stock top out" mean? Is that like when you have morning glory and it all just flies right over the top and you have to get down on your hands and knees and wipe it up and lose your morning glory? ;\)
Well you totally lost me about morning glory...errr. So I am not sure if your question was serious. But I will just assume it is.

"Bone stock, top out" = he means if the jet ski is bone stock - being straight from the dealer floor, no modifications - and top out means the top speed.

I thought morning glory was a kind of muffin.