Worse even than Aum Shinrikyo.

People have recently been seen visiting roadside ramen stalls that are equipped with a television and decorated in yellow and black, where they bang plastic cones together and chant in unison. They are also getting their children involved. Something needs to be done about it.

Another aspect of this dangerous cult leads devotees to congregate on a certain bridge from which some throw themselves into the revolting diluted sewage below it.

Not only are the media refusing to see this as the cult that it is, they are encouraging the phenomenon with smiling reports and friendly interviews with the cone whackers.

Hey! those are my peeps! I am one of them! (not a jumper though) I am in possesion of the said cones, but we in the know prefer to call them "megahons".

Seriously though I went to Koshien stadium for a couple of games this year, including a sellout and it was incredible! what an atmosphere. Passion and enthusiasm!

But it is a little cheesy how everybody has gotten on the bandwagon, mainly companies selling everything possible with 'Tigers' ot it. Tissues, mushrooms, peanuts, you name it, trying to cash in.

Isn't there something slightly, um, moronic about the phenomenon? I mean, they're not a particularly good team, and baseball is a sport for which the expression 'bored to tears' was coined. I can only imagine that the idiocy feeds off itself thus "We've picked a loser, and we'd be bored to tears if we weren't actively whacking these bits of plastic together, so we'll whack with fanaticism and attract a lot more of the sort of people who have nothing better to do with their time."

kamoshika, the night soil of the passionate and earthy folk of the Hanshin region is calling you. It is drawing you down to a baptism of shit in the Dotonbori sewer. Do not resist your vocation, and make it a memorable performance with a back flip and open mouth. For the Tigers!

Nah mate I will take a rain check on that backflip, I am not that much of a fanatic. But it is ripping good fun to watch other idiots make the leap. Apparently a naked woman jumped, now that would have been something to see.

The whole whacking cone thing admittedly does look stupid, but when you're in the stadium and everyone is beating in unison along with dozens of drums it sounds awesome and the chanting all game.

It makes 3 hours fly by.

Every sport has different ways and different teams have different ways.