So Mr Wiggles, did NoFakie no longer quite apply or what? How's the fakie going? Did you do anything in particular to learn?

The season before last I tried riding fakie and it was just no fun and very painful, diving onto my face like a rank novice. But I find my Stik quite like snowboarding, and today I 'challenged' riding switch. The first couple of times were really scary - just like getting on a skateboard for the very first time. I just went straight down the road picking up speed, completely unable to turn, until I jumped off. I hoped nobody was watching. But after a while, it began to feel more natural, and I might even be able to manage it fairly quickly on a snowboard now (if I can resist the temptation just to bomb the slope as usual).

So Mr Wiggles, can you jump and land fakie yet? That's what I want to be able to do.

Most of last season was a write-off for work reasons and spraining my ankle \:\( , but the season before that, I pretty much got fakie down.

I'm a scaredy-cat and don't do real air, just low ollies. lol.gif

But landing fakie on a snowboard isn't as hard as you might think. For your beginner-type spins, the difficult one is going backside/blindside compared to going front side. Backside is where you have to flip your head around for a 180. I'll leave those more qualified to take the discussion further.

I would have thought your best toy for practising fakie and spinning would be the sliding one with shopping trolley wheels in the middle.

Fakie charengii spilits!

> I would have thought your best toy for practising fakie and spinning would be the sliding one with shopping trolley wheels in the middle

Death ride! Go this way, no! go that way, catch an edge and slam down on the concrete!

Actually, I'm hoping that the coordination I learn from riding switch will allow me to do almost anything. If I can use my brain to teach my body to mirror actions in another orientation that are performed smoothly in the regular orientation, I can extend that skill into all other orientations and dimensions! I will no longer be bound by the standard dimensions of up, down, left, and right, and I will never experience senile dementia!

When I have mastered these techniques, I will step gingerly onto the Freebord again and see if I can manage that subtle unedging required to spin around with dying. Or I might wait a bit until it actually snows.