I was asked to take something like this at a Japanese company as part of the interview process. One of the questions was "Do you enjoy the noise of a festival? Yes/No"

With hindsight I wish I had just walked out, and if anybody ever asked me to do that again, I would quite literally tell them to "F:ck off" just to see whether they could handle it in a calm, balanced, cheerful, reflective, mature way.

Just took it and the results sound like they belong to a different person. "Precise and meticulous, this person is a stickler for detail." Actually, what trips me up most is lack of attention to detail and letting things slide...one detail I did notice though was a spelling error in the fake letter from HR to the line manager.

This whole thing of grooming oneself so that They will give you a Good Job makes me nauseous. I know it's a reality of today's world, and a far cry from feudal servitude, but it makes me feel ill nonetheless. Who are these faceless judges that I must impress, and why?

As Ocean intimates, one natural reaction during the hiring process is "F--- you!" and for good reason too.

There may be a market for a different kind of website here.

Here was another gem in my personality test results...after telling me that I tend to take work home with me, they wrote this bizarre statement:

"Although not a bad thing in itself many employers are concerned about work life balance and will take an active part in ensuring that you do not overwork and burn yourself out. Knowing what an employer may be reading about your weaknesses can be a great help in preparing for interviews."

Employers take an active part in ensuring that employees do not overwork and burn themselves out?

WTF?!?!

I've never had a job where the expectation was less than robotic late nights and weekends. If you tried to start a conversation about why this might not be a good idea, you actually had to start from first principles and explain to the boss about what dinnertime means, what a family is, why reading a book, exercising, or simply finishing work at the end of the business day might be something that some people regard as desirable. And then you'd just get a blank look.

Am I the only guy who thinks the people who run this careers website are out of touch?