Things you noticed when you went back home this summer / Good stories

ive left japan but only had 4 nights in london. i was taken by how much more multicultural it has got. it was always very multicultural but now the refugees you would see begging or being minicab drivers have cool little businesses up and running like internet cafes etc. good for them.

resturants more expensive in london than in japan. crap service and information everywhere.

i was surprised by how happy i was to be back and how much i enjoyed it. whenever i think of japan i feel quite anti it, and have no desire to be back. thats weird cos when i was there i was loving it. i'll miss the boarding though come the winter...

i think i just forgot how easy it is to communicate in your home country, and indeed throughout europe - people here in scandanavia have near perfect english, and you can just rámble on without dumbing down your sentences and everyone understands. sometimes when i think about japan i feel like i was carrying a weight on my back but didnt realise it at the time. now that weight isnt there it feels cool.

norway rules by the way. if it wasnt so damn expensive it would be my favourite place in the world.

Easy to communicate and at first a bit scary coz the English don't come out that easily. It usually takes me a few days to get used to speaking properly!

i chose the internet systems MSC at Durham Uni. I am starting there in October, so I am enjoying my 2 months of freedom before the course starts. Itll be 12 months of solid intensive study. Im in Scandanavia until Sept8 and then I am going to Sardinia (via Rome) for 3 weeks.