APPLE could be facing the largest legal settlement in history ・and the money will go to APPLE.

The electronics giant Apple Computer has been in legal wrangles with Apple Corps - The Beatles・holding company that controls Apple Recordings - over their shared name and logo for the past 23 years.

Now, according to The Guardian, the dispute has flared up again thanks to the rise of iTunes. Apple Corps ・owned by Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and the widows of John Lennon and George Harrison - claim that in operating iTunes, Apple Computer is in breach of a 1991 agreement.

By the terms of that agreement, the computer company were forbidden from using any trademark for any application "whose principle content is music". Apple Corps claims that the iTunes service infringes their trademark, and experts are predicting that the payout could dwarf the $30m that they paid back then for a breach of an earlier agreement that allowed the company to use the Apple trademark solely for the sale of computers.

A top entertainment lawyer told US magazine Daily Variety: "People are expecting this to be the biggest settlement anywhere in legal history, outside of a class action suit. The numbers could be mind-boggling."

"Write me a cheque and I'll sing you a song, and I'll try not sing out of tune... I get by with a little help from my lawyer."

Boy did I have the Beatles rammed down my craw, even in Bristol which ought to be far enough away from the 'Pool.

Look at the bottom there...not far off

\:\)

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.

There's nothing you can do that can't be done.

Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.

Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game

It's easy.

There's nothing you can make that can't be made.

No one you can save that can't be saved.

Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be in time

It's easy.

All you need is love, all you need is love,

All you need is love, love, love is all you need.

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.

There's nothing you can know that isn't known.

Nothing you can see that isn't shown.

Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.

It's easy.

All you need is love (all together now)

All you need is love (everybody)