Last night I dreamt I was in shopping centre with a cinema in the UK. Then suddenly there was an announcement saying we all had to get to Bath (a city in the UK) by 9pm when all would be explained. At about 8pm panic broke out and we all started running for the train station. They gave us 5 pounds each and told us anyone who didn't leave right then would in lockdown in the shopping centre. I was with my sister (she's 21 but was about 6 in this dream) who put her hand in some greenish water at the station. Then we realised that there had been a nuclear accident. When we arrived at the end of the train line it wasn't Bath but my home town. We tried to walk to the meeting place for the explanation which had been moved to the city hall in my hometowm but my friend's mother appeared. She couldn't walk because she had lost her shoes. After a long but fruitless search for a taxi I woke up.

The night before last I dreamt I was in an earthquake on a sunny island in Asia. Somehow my keitai worked to text my boyfriend in Japan to say I was alive. Then I found a lost 4 year old girl in a red dress. She couldn't speak English. I was holding her & trying to talk to her when I woke up.

Recurring themes - large scale disasters, rescuing children!

Any interpretations?

I had some terrible ones in the weeks after the quake, really scary. The main one I had was my house completely tipping over into a river. Still have them every now and again now, though not that many thankfully. Dreams are sure strange things.

I expect an earthquake at any time in this country. I usually have weird dreams when I'm worried about something. The re-occuring one I get is that I haven't finished university, or even worse, high school. I had one last year where I was a twenty-something who hadn't finished high school. There I was wearing short pants and a blazer thinking "Jesus mate...what's wrong with you? You're old enough to be drinking at the pub. Everyone's laughing at you!". Sometimes it's a relief to wake up even if you do have to go to work. Good old anxiety dreams.

One I have had a few times since starting work (after uni) was having impending - and important - exams the next day and not studied properly. I got in a right panic. Waking up and finding out that you don't have those exams is really cool.