Hi there I am intersted in finding a place to snowkite in Naggano or Niigata

Obviously it cant be done in resorts so needs to be back country.

As I am a snowkite begginer somewhere flat and open

would be ideal.

Any ideas ?

• 1 month later...

Ah didnt notice the replies !!

Thanks for the info actually I am going with the guy from that shop that weekend.

Yeah I have (too many) kites etc, I (try to) kitesurf too.

Anyone interested I am trying to sell a peter lynn guerilla 2 13m 40000yen! Ideal beginners kite.

Going to kirigamine this weekend, other spots he goes to are Shirakabako and Kurumayama (weird name), which are all in the same area.

All look like terrible places for snowboarding but must have something cool for snow kite.

There are also trips planned for hokkaido and another place I cant remember.

Will try the classifieds.

Actually both are possible, frozen lake is great as its very flat, we will be going to Shirakabako this comming weekend. If the ice is thick enough then we will use the lake there.

People kite up across and even down mountains. Depending on skill and equpiment anything is possible, huge jumps and other tricks, even gliding down the mountain hardly touching it...

Not much wind so no good pics but search yahoo images and youtube.

http://www.snowkite.org/

I am keen on learning as a tool to get into the BC (observing the safety rules: don't kite further than you can hike back, etc...). problem with Japan as FT would put it: Bushy!

Soulboy, do you have any Ozone kites?

Yes I think it has a lot of potential, depending on the terrain and so on.

http://www.flexifoil.com/company/newsitem.php?article_id=102166

http://www.flyozone.com/snowkites/en/news/archive/2006/07/1160/

I dont have any ozone kites actually but I have flown a small ozone access... it was fun,

they are very popular especially the frenzy. I would like one but I recently bought 2 expensive Flysurfer kites which I can use on water too....

If you seriously wanted to learn then I would

book in on one of the trips with Fumiya from X-Fly. Its potentially lethal if you dont know

what you are doing. They are going for 3 day trip to Hakkodate from 2nd Feb... wish I could make it.

Ski or Snowboard is Ok. Actually skis are a bit easier I think.

Sounds like fun. I will be stuck in Rondon for 3 weeks in Feb mad.gif ......Yes I think kiting can be quite dangerous esp. in the BC, winds can be quite unpredictable. It is something I am keeping on the radar screen along the many otherthings/places I want to do/go to. Back home there is quite a famous spot called the "Col du Lautaret" nearby where Chasta and others like to train, have you heard of it Soulboy?

Yes I have heard of "Col du Lautaret" I have seen some videos from there. Also i think there are some competitions there. Looks very nice. I think I went

to Serre Chevalier many years ago on high school ski trip. Would love to go back. Also I keep reading about Chasta, even his signature is on the new Ozone Manta !

Went to Kirigamine this saturday there was just enough wind to get going, it was a lot of fun, Sunday we went to Utskushigahara there was no wind which was a shame because it was the best place I have been to so far, nice wide field, amazing views,

perfect snow...