I leave next monday, the 20th on my schools ski trip to Shiga Kogen (luckily were still having it). We will be there for a week but during that time I need to use the Post Office cash machine and find a Sumitomo Mitsui Bank (SMBC) to do furikomis. Are either of these located in Shiga AND OR Hakuba??

Whats the best way to get from Shiga to Hakuba? Cant seem to find the right information. Any help would be greatly appreciated cool.gif

That's the only way public transport wise I think. There are regular buses to Hakuba and it takes about an hour from Nagano station. No SMBC in Hakuba as far as I know. There is a post office and there are also ATMs which would take their cards. Their are a few ATMs in local banks near the station which may do the trick, also Jusco on the main road has an ATM which seems receptive to most cards. Good news on the ski trip mate. I'll take it as a good omen for snow prospects overall.

cheers Dr. and davo - yeah ski trip is on which is good cuz this will finance my niseko trip in february! Has anybody ever done a furikomi from a bank other than your own to somebody? Can that be done? I think post office to post office can be done right? Ive just never furikomied at a Postal cash machine confused.gif wakaranai.gif

According to the missus you can do a furikomi at another bank before 3pm..but..you can't do it through the atm as you would at your own bank. First you have to take the money out as cash and then do it either manually or through the machine perhaps.