All open now, you can ride from the top quad to the Mitsumata ropeway. 10-15 of fresh powder this morning and I just got back from picking some customers up and it looks like another 10-15 for tomorrow as the snow has gotten a bit heavier in the last hour.

Been at Kagura the past few days, snow is gradually getting better. Riding the Mitsumata shuttle buses was a drag, totally happy that has finally stopped. Kinda wonder about the base layers if you are headed into the BC, though..

bcoasis, is there a bus-stop walking distance to your bar? Don't have a car but wanna drop in one of these days for some good beer 'n food...

Nice to hear from you Montoya. Yamamoto has been telling me you have made a good keen start to the season - great, I wish I could say the same.

There is a bus stop right outside my bar and the bus to go back to Yuzawa stops on the other side of the road. Very convenient. You can always catch a ride with Yamamoto - I'm sure he would not mind at all.

As far as the backcountry goes I can't see it really being 'on' until after new year, but that could all change if this snow keeps up.

Well, it looks like a solid 20cm from early this morning until lunchtime and still going. Would love to be more specific but it appears I have offended the sensitivities of a couple of other members with how I get my info and how I choose to qualify it so as I have offered in another thread if you want Kagura/Tashiro/Naeba condition you are welcome to email me and I will oblige. Seems to be coming together; a ...... of .... rode Nakaone bc yesterday and said it was decent.