We had a flier from Jangle Jungle this morning. It will be open this season, scheduled from December 15th. If you buy this month, adult season tickets are 28,000 Yen, down from 40,000. Day passes are 2,000 Yen vs. 3,600. Children under 12 are free. Woohoo.

Interesting point. It was closed all last season because the road in was destroyed in an avalanche. The road is due to re-open about now. I had interpreted the discount as an early season attempt to re-build the customer base.

I am just guessing here, but I think Jangle Jungle has some significant factors working in its favour. It is just off the main Sendai/Yamagata road, and is the most accessible medium sized resort for many Miyagi people. On the Yamagata side, it is close to Tendo and Higashine, both reasonably sized cities. For us it's a lot closer and more convenient than Zao.

You may be right, and I may be wrong, but I sincerely hope not. Next year I'll be a senior, and eligible for a 2man season pass lol.gif

I'll be getting my pass this weekend.

I've only done two half-days there, three years ago, so my memory is suspect. It won't excite the hard heads, but it has a lot more variety than my local ski jos. Nothing like as big as Zao, but enough for us to explore and build some technique.

No2 son told me last night that he wants to ski off-piste lol.gif