Aussie boarding group looking to board Japan first timers

Hi there just joined the forum and have been looking through the threads for tips on Japan boarding trips. I have a group of about 5 - 10 people looking to go to japan for their first boarding experience and looking through all the packages etc is starting to get very daunting (confusing to say the least).

We are looking to go boarding for 7 days possible Nesiko with boarders who range from just finished beginning riding to experienced. So you can see we want something for everyone. Everyone enjoys downhill not so much park style.

Not looking for accomodation too expensive but somewhere where the group can feel comfortable at night to lounge around after a hards day out on the hill if we want as a group. Suggestions welcome.

Would really appreciate anyones help with where to stay and what mountain you think is better. OH yeah for someone who is just starting out their research any tips for the trip would be useful. Thanks in advance.

PS just brought the 2007 Nitro Black Widow going up the mountain this weekend so can't wait to try it out (pity there is a lack of snow in Australia this year thats why we are looking beyond the bubble)....... clap.gif CIAO!!

Melsa - What if 10 ppl recommended 10 different places to stay and mountains? That is a really tough situation and unfortunately you never know what exactly is going on in each and every place until you get there \:\(

Maybe it's a way for you to e-mail to all mountains and accoms and see how they seriously reply to your questions.

Good luck.

\:\)

Yeah I know hard aye. We have looked at some of the packages but don't really understand what pension accomodation is. I take it its like back packing and therefore would have to hunt around for a place that may take groups that can share facilities. Also as they are the ones you pick out of the shops over here you don't really know if they are a good deal or not so my benchmarking exercise will start once some other ideas flow through.

Good idea about e.mailing a couple of places I have started doing that to get a check on prices etc so hope to get some answers back over the next couple of days.

Don't mind if I get 10 different ideas that way I can go to the websites and check them out, and get them to e.mail me further information. So if you know of any bring it on...........I'm all ears. .........

At this stage a place to start would be great.....

pension is like a BandB really but they tend to serve dinner as well. Most places will take groups. Not as many ex-pats heading to Niseko these days from around here. the above people and me most likely wont be going there. GoNative knows more about Niseko if thats what you want pm him he lives there.

Great I will send him a note to see what he suggests thanks for the tip...............OH (PS) after looking through some of the threads that have been suggested above I can see that this question gets asked a thousand times. opps he he sorry about that!!

Thanks everyone for being so patient. Maybe someone should think about putting together a page on Nesiko tips and ideas for first timers (a link when first timers log in).

Thats the only way I can think about stopping the same annoying question I guess. But hey we are all friends so wish me happy surfing...........

Thanks for everyones help

lol.gif

too be honest youll get more help with niseko at ski.com.au via the forums. the info that is stored here in the forums etc is better than the answers that we can give you.

Alot of the regular memebers these days stick to their haunts or have found their local ski resorts to be enough. Niseko gets lots of snow but is much like a western resort in that it gets skied out faster than well a while ago.

We are a picky bunch really I personally believe that Niseko wont challenge me and wont go there unless i get a free trip or am paid to go there. hint hint markie lol

creek boy knows some stuff but go native is the man around here for niseko also hokkaidou i think is his name lives near there.

Thanks guys for the tip obviously struggling with the spelling but hey we all make mistakes...........PS I have searched for Gonative in the members directory but cant find him/her.....

Trying to phone home but can't get him.........How do we connect.!!

Heres a tip, it is spelt 'go native' just as it was written.

He only posted 21 times and they are all contained in the following threads.

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/cgi-bin/u...978-023856-46D5

Keep in mind he is an Australian property developer in Kneesecko and so aint gunna bash it ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:

creek boy knows some stuff but go native is the man around here for niseko also hokkaidou i think is his name lives near there.