Hi Mates,

I would like to go to do some haru-ski during golden week. I was thinking to go to Hokkaido.

I was wondering if someone can recommend a good ski resort at Hokkaido (please excuse my ignorance but I have never been to hokkaido for ski so i really have no clues).

also, I heard it is better to get a ski package rather buying everything separately. Anyone knows any good travel agency (that well .. maybe they can speak english or ..spanish).

Cheers thumbsup.gif ,

R.

PS. I forgot to mention that if someone think there is a better place to go to do some snowboarding during golden week i am open to suggestions!

if youve got a japanese friend, get them to search for the package deals on the net. no doubt you can find some cheap deals then. or unless ofcourse your japanese is down. however golden week prices will rip your undies pretty seriously.

personally we are heading to Okutadami Maruyama - its in niigata prefecture, 3 hours from tokyo maybe. its pretty fun, heaps of snow, but very few facilities. not much accomodation right at the mountain, but if you got a car its sweet.

Quote:
Originally posted by rigor mortis:
if youve got a japanese friend, get them to search for the package deals on the net. no doubt you can find some cheap deals then. or unless ofcourse your japanese is down. however golden week prices will rip your undies pretty seriously.
personally we are heading to Okutadami Maruyama - its in niigata prefecture, 3 hours from tokyo maybe. its pretty fun, heaps of snow, but very few facilities. not much accomodation right at the mountain, but if you got a car its sweet.
Thanks for the reply mate.

Well, I dont have a car this is why I visits Yuzawa area only (the tokyo's day trip). When I was coming for a weekend or a long one I also came to yuzawa due to the easy access to the area.

Actually I heard about Okutadami maruyama but i heard it is quite hard to access without a car as well I am not sure what is the situation there in regard to accomodation.

I will check the golden week ski deals.. lets see what they have to offer.. though, I guess I am going to find myself heading to yuzawa again .. probably it would be kagura or something like that. Not bad at all imho but i was hoping to try new places.