Looking for snow/travel mates for month of January

Hi all,

I'm a 28 year old Aussie male who will be travelling solo (well, not quite alone, I will have my snowboard with me) through Japan for the month of January, and I am looking for travel/snowboarding companions. I am heading to Niseko around the 6th of January for a week, most likely staying at Lodge Bam Boo, then I am open minded for the rest of my trip. Was thinking of heading south for a few weeks of general travel before finishing up with about 10 days in the Hakuba area. I am an intermediate boarder looking to be challenged.

If there is anyone out there who needs another person to fill a room/lodge, I am probably your man.

I leave Japan on the 3rd of February.

This trip is part of my homeward trip after two years in London.

OK, I look forward to hearing from anyone who might be interested. Feel free to email me on james_j_bird@hotmail.com - or reply to this post.

Cheers,

Jimbo.

I doubt you are going to get many offers to join peoples group, you a probably a good bloke, but most people will be hesitant to let someone they have never met join their group.

My advice is to get the full pimsleur japanese course (the best/quickest way for learning japanese if your not in Japan) it consists of 90 30min lessons. try to listen to most of the lessons before you leave (they only recommend 1 lesson a day, but unfortunatly you don't have time). and then you will be able to make lots of Japanese friends along your way.

It may seem like lots of work, but in the end you will make some good friends, get invited into peoples homes, eat great food, and learn some Japanese too. A potentially very rewarding holiday, if you put in a little more effort than the typical gaijin.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats a "pimsleur japanese course"?

I have some CD's I have been listening to and they seem OK. A lot better than trying to just read a book.

If Lodge Bam Boo is anything like Shinzankan lodge you will have no problem finding someone to board, drink, hang out with. Plenty of lone travellers.

I stayed at Shinzankan last year and found plenty of guys to board with the problem was some of them were a lot better than me so I would hike the summit or something with them and say if we got split up they could do another run and meet up for lunch somewhere. So we broke into 2 groups one fast and the other slower

I didn't want them to wait around and stuff up there day.

If you hike the summit on your own for the first time there are usually a few people waiting for a break in the cloud and you can hook up for your first ride down.

I will be there 19Jan to 3rd Feb, I might be intermediate on a good day.