as Montoya said as little as possible, get on the groomed stuffed and lean into a big toe side turn and you will find out how much is too much!

I am guessing you have big feet Farqhar, yeah?

If you do you are probably a big guy too, so aim for a wide board and set your bindings back as far as possible, and find the foot angle that is optimal.

Riser plates are on option but add weight to your board

Cheers for the info. Am looking for a new board this year and have been trying to find something a wee bit wider as last year stacked it a few times prety bad after catching my boot on some harder turns on the grromed slopes like you said. But its proving a little difficult finding wider boards for a guy of my height here in Japan. Did read some info about the riser plates but not sure they tempt me too much. Will have a shop around and see whats out there.

I think there are some boards from Sims that have less side-cut than others, try checking them out:

http://www.simsnow.com

if you know your specs and want to ship from overseas, Prior in Canada has some good deals. The Kyber has a huge nose, but you need to check if your back foot will fit the width of the tail:

http://www.priorsnowboards.com/used_boards.php

yep tsondaboy, I have the split version. lots of taper, supper snappy and turny. ideal board for tree-riding in the powder. if you can get it while you're in the States, might be a good deal.

this summer I also got Prior's swallowtail split, since I want the most float I can get. I also think it will be a bit better at higher speeds.

Farquah,

I have looked high and low for a wide board (I am 190cm, 100 Kgs & shoe-size 30cm) at the beginning of last season and eventually went for the Burton Canyon. Great board, I love it. I ordered it on the net as I could not get the size I wanted in Japan. Not sure if this model still exists though.

Otherwise, you can always try using C***s to lift your feet slightly off the board.

Thanks for the posts montoya, they have been really helpful.

Actually I spent last weekend searching in the shops in Ocha-no-mizu about this year’s board. Seen Lib-tech, and Burton and some from Salomon and Dynastar, but I couldn’t find something that I really liked. Burton malolo is a cheap option, but I don’t like this years colours.

I also took a look at Burtons Vapour, its really light board as they say but too expensive and not tapered shaped.

I was checking other brands in the internet also, but it seems that I had missed the Prior site. Thanks for bringing it to my notice. I think that I will be going for the Kyber 160 this year, because I need something with lots of taper but still be able to take it to the groomers. Prise wise is more or less about the money I was planning to spend this year, plus that I will be ordering it with the Quadraxial Glass.