Snowboarding is getting a little too wierd for me (in Japan at least), and i am still too much of a pussy to try telemarking. So snowsk8ing is the next logical step in getting away from the hype.

But has anyone seen snowskating in Japan? Do you even know what i'm ranting about? If you don't, go to www.gnu.com and go to 'snowskates'. It has video and pics.

Anyways, i'm starting to experiment with bindingless riding styles, and i got a monster snowsk8 (44 inches) to use in Japan. It has steel edges and a leash, but of couse no bindings. And it's stupid fun. But i'm wondering if anybody knows places that allow it. The big hills here in Canada like whistler and Lake louise are fine with it, but then again they are cool with riding in the trees.

Any information would be welcome. Schralp the gnar!

mate, i kind of know the noboard guys, they are sending me some out pretty soon in the hope that i can show them to as many people in japan as possible. if you are keen i could, hopefully, lend you one for a bit. they are basically powder snowskates with a leash. if you go on their website you will see the boys doing some nice drops and carves, even a few 180's in pow. they're meant to be sweet to ride. i think it´s www.noboard.ca

Oh shit, what a coincidence, i just finished (like 30 seconds ago) writing Cholo an e-mail asking for a DVD, and seeing if he needed any help spreading the noboard word around in Japan!

I knew GT a little when i lived in Lake Louise, and saw he was trying to do something about bindingless snowboarding, which is something i've been thinking about for a while.

I finally tried a full run last season in Whistler (on my own equipment, just an old burton 7 with the rubber topsheet, the bindings collapsed, and4 shoelaces for the strap) and and it was the most amazing pow run i can remember.

I am really stoked on it and would really like to get together and talk about this.

Anyways, as for the snowsk8, its strictly for the groomers, which is what Tochigi's terrain mostly consits of, apparently.

But as soon as i get back to the alps, i'm all about the noboard. And i started a thread about noboarding here a while back, its here

So lets chat if you have the time

ps nice propagandhi quote, my favorite punk band ever