Hate to say it but as far as i know there isnt any backpakers there but if you get in with the Swiss ski instructors you never know!!!

As far as i know the only accomodation up there is pensions at about a man a night but check them out....have you looked at the website at all??

http://www.hachi-hachikita.co.jp

cant suggest anywehere but, sorry

A mate of mine is starting to teach snowboarding up there, well close to there at another resort, this weekend. I went up last Sunday and met a bunch of Kiwis who were working there. Might go up this Sunday as well since it's so close to Osaka. I'll see what I can find out. I was surprised to find it wasn't such a bad resort and the lifts are cranking compared to some of those slow as shit ones in Hakuba.

Actually mate it's completelty fubared. The last rock I landed on in Hakuba that final day did the damage. Not to the base but the shock of impact caused fractures on the top deck. A day of riding at Hachi Kita and the hairline fractures have turned into a massive faultline right across the front of the board. Now I've got two boards with flaws that will make them break apart or at best become completely unridable. Guess I'm in the market for a new board. Let me know if you're keen on a ride to HachiKita this Sunday. I think one of the other guys I went with last week is going up again.

Davo, if ya got some time lets get a beer soon. snowglider if ya can come on out too. cool.gif

Next weekend? Nope, going to Pa-T in Hiroshima. One of my best mates is throwin a house party. Havent seen him in ages cuz of his schedule - hes outta the country more than hes in it.

Dean, maybe we will meet up there sometime \:\)

good idea - beer, unfortuneately the last place we went has closed down.

Davo have you trashed your new board? the one you picked up at the Osaka dome last year?

You have the crappiest luck with boards. No matter what I do I just cant destroy the Atlantis.