Hello everyone! this is my first post (long time lurker). thanks to you all for the excellent info!

My question:

I will be spending a few days in Sapporo, and need to know where the package buses leave from Sapporo. I cant remember the name of the station, but there are buses leaving there that offer a lift pass and a fairly cheap ride to the gelende.

Does anyone know the name of the station, and/or the bus company?!? I've searched online and my kanji ability isnt up to reading the japanese pages I've found. Couldn't find any specific info here or online in english...

confused.gif

well...

we're looking to change it up a bit. a day or two at Rusutsu, maybe a day at Niseko, and maybe something close to Sapporo-- maybe kokusai.

we would just stay at the resort, but several of my friends want to hang out in Sapporo for a day.

thanks for the help,

dont mind a bus ride. even to Rusutsu, which is 2 hours I think.

as long as I can get 5 hours on mountain Im cool. its just better to stay in Sapporo as some of us

havent seen snow before, let alone slid on it!

Are you living in Hokkaid0??

no. But, did work at a hotel in Niseko for a season. Bus ride from Shin Chitose Airport to Niseko is bout 2.5-3 hours, give or take. And, bout an hour drive from Niseko around Yotei san.

If many of you havent been skiing/boarding before it might be well worth it to stick to someplace closer to Sapporo than going all the way out to different resorts and spending more money on busses than necessary. just my 1.5 cents worth.

I believe the main bus station is at the bottom of the Sapporo Train Station. That is a great transportation hub. Last time I stayed in Sapporo, I stayed at the Nikko Tower Hotel. A really great hotel right on top of the station and since it's the tallest building by far in Sapporo, you get an incredible view of the whole city from your hotel room.

In addition, it is so easy to get around. To and from the Chitose Airport by JR. Inter-connected with the bus stations, train stations and subway in the same building, not to mention the great malls and restaurants also in the same complex.

(not for the budget traveller though)

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
I believe the main bus station is at the bottom of the Sapporo Train Station. That is a great transportation hub. Last time I stayed in Sapporo, I stayed at the Nikko Tower Hotel. A really great hotel right on top of the station and since it's the tallest building by far in Sapporo, you get an incredible view of the whole city from your hotel room.
In addition, it is so easy to get around. To and from the Chitose Airport by JR. Inter-connected with the bus stations, train stations and subway in the same building, not to mention the great malls and restaurants also in the same complex.
(not for the budget traveller though)
not for the budget traveller though

that should be in bold markie!! ;\)

All resort pages (unfortunately in Japanese) have bus plan and time schedules. I have checked for saporo kokusai and kiroro. Buses leave from saporo station or otaru station. It is 4900 for from saporo station to saporo kokusai resort. The time tables are here (in jap).

for saporo kokusai

buses to kiroro without lifts

kiroro timetable

I think the easiest thing to do is as soon as you reach saporo station get inside the first travel agency you stumble across and ask them for their plans.

thanks everybody.

I guess I have to do some more research.. \:\) the bus station Im talking about is in Sapporo, Im pretty sure its not sapporo staion tho. there's only one train going to it, and theres loads of buses there, many taking the locals to work. :p

but there are also some small bus companies that do trips up to the resorts.

as for the tower hotel, thanks for that tip, but were already set up with flight and hotel. pretty cheap.

my friend who lived up there last year (cant contact him now \:\( said this was THE station with all the buses. cheap rates considering the drive.

just need to know the name... \:\(

you may be thinking of makomanai subway station.

Buses to kokusai ski jo and makomanai ski jo.

otherwise sapporo station will have buses to most out of town places ie niseko rusutsu kokusai

If you want to go to teine catch the bus from teine railway station.

Basically its easy to go to a ski resort in Sapporo. Just front up at any bus stop and youll probably be able to get a bus to a ski hill.

Do Make sure you have a ski or board bag, bus drivers in sapporo get realy pissed off with nude boards.