or do ski resorts in aomori etc open mid november too?

im thinking hokkaido only,

see, im working in japan, but my job finishes in october and my visa runs out on the 17th of december and i wanna get some snowboarding in for about 3 weeks before i go home,

if a resort does open at that time, will they have jumps, pipes and rails that early in the season???

so anyway, i have this longer question, please, if anyone could give me some help on it..?

i know people sometimes cant be bothered to read longish questions, but please, if anyone could help me..id truly appreciate it.

ok, 3 weeks of boarding in hokkaido is gonna be too expensive no matter how much i save,

im a (english teacher now but in truth im a smile.gif snowboard instructor with a license and 1 season of experience, i do lessons in english and japanese, and also teach lower level skiing.

so heres my plan,

i contact a skischool and offer so many hours of part time teaching per week, (for 3 weeks) in exchange for a (subsidised or payed for)3 week lift pass, (subsidised or payed for)accomodation, or both.

so then i could get some boarding in and make some friends in hokkaido for next time i go up.

i think a ski school would find a versatile part time instructor pretty handy early in the season as there wouldnt be a steady flow of customers,

so, here are my questions,

is this possible?

has anyone ever worked for less than a month or worked in an arrangement like this?

how many hours should i offer and what should i ask for in return..?

a ski school which is owned by the resort would be able to give me a ticket with ease right...?

finally, where should i go?

cheers,

Do you speak Japanese well?

Know anyone contacted with a resort?

If the answers to the above are NO, then you will probably find it really difficult.

Good luck to you though.

Id say that is not really going to work. The resorts that do open early cater to the hardcore crowd. Im pretty sure that places like sapporo kokusai ect dont even offer lessons in november. Pipe , park ect. no chance in november mate.

Dont mean to bum you out but them thres the facts.