I'm into skiing and was wondering if many skiers have tried boarding at all? I tried it once but go back to my favourite skiing, I enjoy that more.

I am interested in other peoples stories.

Thanks

lin

believe it or not, i've actually tried the board once...

had a good time, and a soar ass...

main reason why i don't really want to do it again is

1) if its a powder day, i'm not going to waste my time trying to learn a new sport

2) if its a blue-bird day, i'd rather explore the entire mtn. than waste my time trying to learn a new sport

3) if i am spending quite a few bucks on a "ski vacation", i'd rather ski than waste my time trying to learn a new sport...

4) i still have room to improve my skiing, but am good enough to enjoy all types of terrain, so i want to keep improving...

those are my reasons...if i am lucky enough to score a season pass at a mtn nearby in the future, i will consider the board for those crappy days...

but until that happens, give me my skiis...

danz

Lin, if you want to reap the rewards of snowboarding, give yerself a few days of good conditions at least to see how you feel about it. The first few times are often dissappointing, especially if you're quite good at something else already.

Sure, I do both. Started to borad last season. Here is my 2 cets:

pro: easy to learn. A good day of lesson and another day or two will put you in an intermediate level. Lot of fun to ride, especially at intermediate slopes.

con: Nill mobility. You are either rding or sitting - very different feeling from skiing, which you can stand still.

Still not confortable not being able to have good field vision during back side turn.

I would recommend any skier to try - but take a lesson, it is crucial, I think.