I'm planning a snowboard trip to Niseko this Xmas. I want to find out how flexible the ski patrols are about off piste boarding and to ask if anyone can reccommend good places to hike for carving fresh lines.

Also, I'm looking for a decent snowboard park, is there one at niseko or will i be disappointed?

(And if, anyone knows a place to stay with reasonable rates and an onzen to relax in at the end of the night, let me know)

Cheers in advance

Daniel

Dan,There are several Off piste areas in Niseko that are clearly marked on resort maps and are perfectly cool to ride in but If you are serious about getting off piste (out of the resort) in Niseko I'd recommend coming with the right gear (i.e. beacon, probe, shovel and snowshoes) and hiring a local guide. That way youll get real fresh lines instead of just following a herd under the rope next to the resort. Youll be fine with ski patrol if you are doing things properly but there are some definite no go areas due to high avalanche danger. Get a topograhic map ask around and plan your route beforehand. Dont just wander off looking for Pow with no idea where you are going.Anyway enjoy the snow. If its your first time to Niseko you wont be dissapointed.