Hi,

If anyone knows of a snowboard shop in Japan that will accept payment via paypal, please please post the details (web address) here.

Paypal is an internet payment method, its really popular in the US and on eBay etc.

[This message has been edited by bobby12 (edited 16 September 2002).]

Paypal is just an internet banking thingy. If a company accepts paypal, you can pay them with a credit card or bank transfer via Paypal. Paypal take a commission. Its basically a way for small businesses to accept a wide variety of payment methods without having the hassle of setting it up through VISA etc. Its really simple to get a paypal account.

I have some money spare in my paypal account, and I'd prefer to spend it directly on something (a snowboard) than withdrawing it to my japanese bank account and paying fees on it, getting ripped off with a bad exchange rate etc.

A lot of US stores accept Paypal but shipping is too expensive from there.

Oh yes, I'm sure Japanese shops accept Paypal. If it's convenient for the customer, flexible, and covers a wide variety of payment methods, and also is Internet-friendly, then I bet most Japanese companies would jump at that. You know what a forward-looking country this is, after all...