Do they still exist? What about the ball-breaking Pomma?

On that, how does one ride a T-bar lift on a snow board? One foot out?

Talking about one foot out, what's all this strap v's step boot business?

Started on lifts and ended up on bindings - rambling mind of mine.

I can't speak for Japanese resorts but they still have a few T-bars at the two best resorts in N. America; Whistler and Vail. Only a couple though. They suck on snowboards. You have to just sorta stick one side behind you and hold on well. Also, unless you are a mad one-footer I recommend strapping your other foot in. Inevitably someone always thinks they don't need to and ends of falling all over themselves and knocking over the other poor people.

As for the Strap in versus Step in debate, it has been pretty exhaustivley talked about in the last month if you look around the forum. I personally swear by ol' fashioned straps (although I am not opposed to the Hybrid FLOW bindings, S_F). There are some step in systems worth checking out, but I don't really see the problem of taking a few extra seconds to sit down and strap in. After the 1000th time or so it goes pretty quick. Plus the boots are more comfy.

Good to hear enderzero!

You guys in Japan have it easy!! Her in Australia, there are a lot of T-Bars, and even some rope tows/pommies. At Perisher Blue (the largest resort in Australia) there around 22 T-bars out of 52 lifts. So thats a fair chunk! Then theirs the rope-tows - a couple. Pommies - a couple.

So all us Aussie boarders are used to having to ride with one foot in! You aren't supposed to ride on a T-bar with both feet straped in, in Australia. The bar goes in between or behind your legs. In between is a lot eassier - you just have to be careful when dismounting!

So when in the lift line you have your back foot out and rest it on the stomp pad when riding the lift. I find it is easier to go by yourself, alothough some people prefer having the stability of hvaing two people rather than one.

Pommies - dont even bother on a board!!! Its messy!! \:D

Im looking forward to Japan - NO SURFACE LIFTS!!! Well in Niseko that is.....

Cheers!

Drew