well I would like to be able to get there and back in a day if possible. I am living at the dorms for students at Ritsumeikan Uni.

Also, where are all the board shops, and how is that indoor place here, it looks small but it might be fun.

I dont know of an indoor place in kyoto is there.If so enlighten me. I no of one in Hyogo its so so If you want to jump so so.

You can catch a day trip bus from Kyoto station to any resort in Gifu Wings, Dynaland, Takasu and so on. You can book it through Alpen its a chain sports store they are everywhere. Look in the Japanese papers and soon they will have pull out ads. That should tell you the location nearest to you. There is a big store called Mitsuhashi Sports on Oike dori - Karasuma Oike station. But I find them to be expensive but they have the biggest selection in Kyoto. Also if you have access to a car go route 171 near the minami kyoto Meishin Junction there is a huge Alpen I find good deals there. Or go down to Osaka Namaba area and there are 2 gaint stores, I think they will pay the train fee if you buy something over a certain price. The stores arre Sportica and (Himareya in katakana).

Kyoto day trips Biwako Valley and a couple of resorts in the Kosei area of Shiga can be hit and home for dinner but for the same price you can do a bus trip to Gifu. Shiga resorts you have to take a Gondola up to the resort which costs about 2000 yen before you buy the ski pass plus the bus from the statoin another 400 yen each way.

i can give you lots more keep asking

• 2 weeks later...

Ya man, I would like to know more, but right now I am not too worried about it since I can`t go for a couple of months, but when the time comes around I will for sure ask you for more details, if thats cool, thanks man.