Good to see all the freeheelers out there! Just caught this thread before it disappeared. Haven't been on here in awhile since there hasn't been any white stuff here but I've had to just stick to watching the Unparalleled movies over and over. And watching it rain outside.

Been teleing since 97 when my ex sold my alpines on me...can't thank her enough for that one...I've skied Tua's from the beginning and am still dying that they aren't being made any more...maybe the new G3 skis will match them. I've got a pair of 97 Scarpa T3s, a pair of 99 T2s and am looking for a new pair of T1s...Tried Garmonts...too wide...Crispis I never liked the flex...Asolo's well they just disappeared..Can't wait to get out again...been doing about 100 lunges a night watching videos....anyone in the area let me know, I'd love to get out with some fellow pinheads

• 3 weeks later...

Hey telmarkers

My gear

Scarpa T1's

Fischer big stix 75's

7tm Bindings

Just oredered som Kahru Jacks, cant wait to get them. I will be putting another pair of 7tm's on them.

Me been alpine from age 7, switched to leather boots style tele at age 22, switched to boarding at age 25, saw unparalleled I 3 years ago got inspired about tele sking again. Getting back into it then broke both my legs in an avalanche (snowboarding), put me out for the rest of that season to say the least. Got back last season, spent most of the season on teles. Now I am comitted to tele skiing this season. I am good but I hope to rock in the powder this Feb. Will finish work end of Jan and Feb I will be living the good life in the back of a van in the parking lot of whatever ski hill (probibly Geto and Hatchimantai) getting as much powder as I can before I pull the pin and head off this magical island.

Hi,

I'm in Tokyo on and off for the next few months, hoping to get some skiing in on the weekends.

I've been skiing tele 10+ years, a combination of on and off piste and backcountry, depending on the conditions and how much time I have. Althought I started Alpine, I've given the old gear away in lieu of telemark. Definately prefer BC, but end up on the slopes more often than not.

Currently skiing Scapra T1 on K2 World Piste with G3, although I left all but the boots home in New Hampshire.

Hope to see some of you on the snow....

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

hmmmm. I think I know you IM...If you're who I think, I know for a fact you've got a lot more in your gear in your closet/room than you're letting on to. ;\) All's well? What length did you get the T4's? What do you think of them compared to the Cy's? Original question...where do/did/will I ski in the future in Japan? Winter months, spent a load of time at Kanazawa Seymour in the pre-snowboard days...man, fresh lines until you dropped on day one, then hiking, touring out further each day until the next cycle...Trips over to hang with friends in Hakuba and the Myoko area, and much much time spent around Niseko. Managed to get over last winter for 10 days with friends there last season. Early spring/late winter, Hakusan and climbing for turns above Hakuba. Spring? Lot's of Tateyama... Might be living with you all again later this year and in plenty of time for next season!