Despite about 20 good reasons why the following is a bad idea, I still feel like sharing the concept.

I have designed the deebee snowboard binding. They also require the deebee boot.

The binding is nothing more than an electromagnetic plate with the calf support thing. The special boots would get magnetised to the binding plate when you turn the binding on.

You could even have a remote control in your pocket that allowed you to turn off your bindings without bending over. You could also turn off your mates bindings just after he went off a big jump. Besides the broken legs, that would be pretty funny.

You could also attach your board to the roof of the car pretty easily.

Finally, the magical properties of the magnetic field would relieve your foot of all pain. Or it may cause a tumor to grow in your brain.

That is reason #9 why it is a silly idea.

Although, it is possible to have the vibrations of your board converted into electricity, which is good as you have renewable energy, and because it is a transfer of energy that allows you to have a smoother ride. They do this with some ski's. There is a little light on the ski that spends the generated electricity.

I think some fighter jets use the same concept to control vibration in the wings.