Can anyone give me the low down on whether any of the resorts in Hakuba have one of those crash rooms, basically a big room with a floor and maybe a heater and a charge of around 1000 yen for the night, if so which fields, any help most appreciated,

cheers

tuatara

Its no fun more a matter of cash flow and also basic economics opportunity cost etc, sleeping is sleeping doesnt really matter to me where, the more money i save the more i can board the more boarding the more fun, sleep is sleep.

uncomfortable but happily yours

tuatara

I have heard about that at Goryu I think and someone also told me about a cheap place around Echoland like the sort of thing your describing. There is also a cheap place in Tsugaike apparantly. This is all second hand info lacking all the specifics you need-hope someone can be more helpful. Give Goryu and Hakuba tourist info a call perhaps.

I like to stay in style when I go on holiday - its all part of the experience. I'm not going all the way to Japan to sleep on the floor... eek.gif

If you happen to go to Goryu just do what a cheap bastard like myself do...head straight for the "changing room" in back of the locker room and sleep on the floor there. \:D No one will bother you(from my experience).

Kashimayari have 200 beds at 2000yen a night, or 2500 on holidays and weekends.

Its kinda like a big dorm/capsule thing where theres a long wall of bunkneds and the beds can be curtained off - it looks good in the photos.