I had a big stack at the end of the day yesterday. I Kinda hurt myself and had to stop riding for the remainder of the day, but hurt my bindings more.

On the back of the higback there is a buckle that locks it into the upright position (the buckle you undo when folding down the highback for the lift). Is it vital that you use these buckles when riding? I dont have them anymore, they were torn off both bindings during the crash.

Funny you mention that. I saw a pair of Burton bindings today that had those. What kind of pointless crap is that? Why would you need to buckle the highback up. Where is it going to go?

So no, I don't think it should matter. Must have been a hell of a wreck to rip both those suckers off...goin for a backflip? \:D

Those things are a ****** nuisance when you put the rig on top of your car. They flip about in the turbulence going 'bing, bing-bing', and if you have to have the board upside down, they smack against the roof.

And indeed, where is the high back going to go without them? eek.gif

That is what I thought - my calves keep the highback upright even without them done up.

It wasnt a backfip, just an edge catch while I was trying to keep up with some other guys. Only 2 edge catches yesterday so I cant complain.

With the Burton bindings, the clip is to lock highback in place so it keeps you locked in forward lean!! But...by the end of the day your legs are killing ya,so I ride unclipped , and to be honest ,I cant tell the difference bar... when unlocked ...no f*****g pain!

32 days and then 3 months in niseko!!!

deebs, sorry to hear bout ya spill. I'm with everyone else here - u're prolly better off without the FLAD on the highback. I"m assuming u got burton bindings, i got a pair too and the FLAD, altho doesn't **** me off too much, is pretty annoying. it doesn't really do anything but convince people to buy the next model up from the freestyles. I think the worst is when u go to hill where the lifties won't let u onto the lift without folding the highback down first. I have let it cling clang flap around too when i'm riding and haven't noticed anything particularly different.

if ya bindings r still under warranty e-mail burton and get them to send u a replacement pair of flads - that way when u come around to selling them there won't be any probs.

l8r sk8r

No warranty - these bindings are second hand from a couple of years back. I am sure I will survive without them (teh FLAD thingy).

M.goose, I dont doubt you know what you are saying, but I am surprised that these thingies are designed to keep the forward lean. The way they work on mine is that they actually pull the highback back onto the heel loop, kind of teh reverse of forward lean.

Oh I get it. No Mongoose is right. This is the device that adjusts the forward lean. It is just a different contraption than most kinds that just rest against the binding.

I am not big into forward lean but I try to add more and more. I have heard from knowledgeable sources that adding more lean will make you a better rider. Takes a lot of getting used to though.