but I could have done. Cruising along the run, see a 3 foot wall of powder on the side with a gentle drop off beyond it. I crack a big grin and build up heaps of speed planning to launch myself over it as I had done a number of times in other spots that day. I hit the wall, but didn't lift the nose of my board enough. The nose caught on the harder snow at the bottom and I, at great speed and by complete accident, pull off a one and a half forward somersault, thus landing squarely on my head. I was in major rag-doll action. I literally flipped over so fast that I didn't know what had happened until I saw the snow passing a few feet below my board after the first somersault. I thought ok, just land.... but I kept on going. I used to do a lot of gymnastics so I quickly tried to counter the spin and land. It worked a bit but not enough and my head took the landing. I reckon had I not tried to counter the spin I might have made the double, or perhaps a 1 3/4's, landing on my bum.

Some dude and his gang a little further down saw it and thought I tried to do it on purpose. There were cheering and clapping and carrying on in a very un-Japanese emotional manner.

very lucky I am not in a wheel chair.

db, my matey, you ARE the man. Looks like that backflip is getting closer to reality. Do be careful, though, I would like to have dinner with you in one piece. Stay faaarrr away from that wheelchair.

Mate, it ws a BIG accident. I take no credit for the act.

re dinner: I will be in Honkers at some stage this year so lets dine \:\) . You can show me the best chilli crab in town and I will even let you pay for half of it.

But accident apart, it does seem like you are moving along quite well in terms of your skill and confidence.

I will look forward to dining with you here, wouldn't it be great if enderzero could make it too?

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
If I offer to eat my boots....
offer? if I do a flip, you will not be in the privilaged position to make such an offer, it will be mandatory. In fact, you have already made the offer to eat them, however at this point it is a conditional offer.