If weather permits I really wanna ski to Goshiki Onsen and skin back (in Feb). What route do most of you guys use to skin back to Annupuri?

The south-west ridge from the peak seems to have a really steep gully a bit down, so I guess most skin back below it, something like

the blue line? Is there a cat track there somewhere?

And are there any dangers lurking beneath, like hot spring holes or creeks or...?

(No, I'm not alone and have BC experience, although not in Japan) :-)

goshiki-onsen-map2.jpg

As you can see on that map there's a pretty obvious saddle just a bit down to the left from your blue line. This is very obvious from Goshiki unless it's really cloudy. Head towards the saddle or staying a little higher similar to your line will be fine. Drop into the gully where you blue line initially follows and this will funnel you back into the main ski out of the Annupuri bowls leading you right back to the base of Annupuri. You won't have to traverse around to the lifts at all.

Thanks a lot for info! Yeah, I didn't see it at first, but you can actually get straight down to the piste there, if you like (Merchen piste I think, when looking at a ski map?).

But how is the forest there, no problem with thick/dense forest anywhere along the line from Goshiki?